6.30.2010

Traffic



Traffic.

I could go ON and ON and ON and ON and ON and I think you get the point. Living in the suburbs of a large, metro city, I've dealt with traffic my whole life. It takes 20 minutes minimum to get anywhere. Depending on the time of day a trip that would normally take 20 minutes will take and hour and a half. It is life as I know it. Most days I deal just fine.

When I first had the idea for this post it was supposed to be about how traffic is the time I get my best ideas! How an awful, stressful time can give birth to such creativity! Blah blah blah! Well this morning I had to deal with Douchebag in black truck and Obnoxious Bitch in Mustang. I hate traffic! It makes me sweat (no air conditioning). Every radio station is awful. People are rude, inconsiderate jerks! It takes me an hour to get home. Hate!

I'm done.

I really do get an immense amount of ideas during those interminable drives. Too bad I can't do anything about them since texting is illegal. Blergh!


Now back to your regularly scheduled blog.






3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hate traffic. I live in a big city, but probably not as big as yours as I do not have to battle that much traffic. I am fortunate that my commute is pretty painless. It's about 30 minutes, but it's not 'stop and go' traffic, so I can handle it.

    I do have to fight traffic when I go up north to my parents' cabin and it makes me ridiculously crabby. It's stop and go and then when it clears up, someone always hangs out in the passing lane, going just above the speed limit. Which makes me scream. Literally. I scream at them. I know they can not hear me, but it seems to help relieve the tension/stress for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I scream too! Luckily when I get out of the car, I let it all the road rage go. :)You are lucky not having stop and go traffic. That's what I deal with everyday and drives me up the wall some days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to be all sympathetic to this post but then I got to the douchebag in the black truck part and I couldn't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete