6.03.2010

Etsy seller - StudioCherie

I love Etsy.

I know that I'm not alone in this love because every girl I know and blog I read sings the praises of the crafty site. (At least it feels that way!) Even if they are singing the praises of the ridiculous stuff too....Regretsy.com. For as much as I love it, I often forget about checking it which is why I receive their daily newsletter. Etsy staffers showcase the cream of the crop of what's available using a theme such as Nautical or Wedding. Each piece showcased falls under that category in some way. One day the theme must've been travel because this duffle* bag was featured:




I was instantly smitten. I LOVE it. I think it's the fabric or the mixture of fabrics. I am a huge fan of mixing prints and patterns. Throwing two things together that might not ordinarily look all that hot and you end up with something quirky and totally unique. I keep trying to justify buying it. Using the old bargaining chip of, "I'll clean out my current bags and then replace them with this!" I've almost convinced myself. I've been trying to live by the rule: if you can't stop thinking about it 2 weeks later, then you should get it. Well it's almost been 2 weeks! Also, everything I want on Etsy seems to immediately sell out and this is still for sale....maybe the universe is trying to tell me something!


For all you crafty people out there, you can also purchase the pattern to make a bag of your own! I think that's pretty exciting...now if only I knew how to sew!






*What exactly is the correct spelling of duffle? When I spellchecked it said 'duffel', so I fired up the handy Dictionary.com and typed in 'duffle' which brought me to the entry for 'duffel'. The definition matched what I thought I was spelling. BUT all the links that show up to match what you searched had duffle. For instance, "Buy your L.L. Bean duffle bag here" and such. So which is it? Duffle or Duffel?!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Etsy. How I love thee. If you buy that bag we'll have to go on a trip to break it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Megan. It has actually sold a few times, but I stocked up on the fabric, so I can keep making it. The strap fabric is going to have to change after the next one though. I think I have only enough left for one more. I use my duffle whenever I travel. When I looked up the word, both ways were shown as correct. Thanks for blogging about my bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope I get it! I LOVE the fabric...maybe next payday :)

    ReplyDelete