7.01.2010

July



As I was walking to my car this morning, it dawned on me that today is July 1st.

!!!!

Six months of this year are already gone! Flown right past in a blink. At first I was discouraged thinking that this year has been a waste. I've accomplished nothing and wah, wah, wah. The temp job ending is still getting to me obviously :) After about a minute of self-pity, I realized it wasn't as pathetic as I thought.

Do I have a full time, permanent job? No.

Am I now back living at home with my mother? Yes.

Are both of those things pathetic? Kinda....yes.

Even with my life being in a time of setbacks, I feel like I've accomplished a few good things in the first half of the year. Most of them are small like getting my car registration paid for the next two years and buying a year's supply of contacts. In the overall scheme of life those things don't matter. In the day to day that I'm currently battling, they are huge! Two less things I have to think and worry about.

I've also managed to get my life more organized thanks to my new obsession with Huggable Hangers. My closet now only contains clothes that fit me and I wear! I've made at least 2 trips to the Salvation Army and plan on more!

Besides the car registration, I've also had my car inspected and had some work done to it.

I've read 5 books! This actually makes me sad because there was a time where I'd read 5 books in 2 months not 6. I'm making more time to read though so I think this number will start to go up!

Also, I started this blog! It's about a month old now and still going strong! I've pretty much capped out at 11 followers but I'll take them and give them as good a time as possible!

All in all pretty boring stuff but one thing I've learned is that life is about the little stuff. If you can accomplish something that makes your day go smoother then it's a wonderful thing!

Here's to the next six months!





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's July either! Before we know it it's going to be Christmas!

    ReplyDelete