5.31.2010

Closet

I've moved 3 times in 2 years. Moving 3 times in 2 years changes your perspective a little bit. That stand fan you found at the YMCA thrift store for $5 was really great until faced with a stuffed to gills U-Haul. It makes the process and idea of letting go a little easier to swallow.

My last moved occured in October of last year. Pants and I moved all our earthly belongings into my Mom's basement and it was a tight fit there for awhile. Little by little I've adjusted.

And shifted.

And tossed.

And donated.

Still I find myself surrounded! It's like a nightmare where you never know where the next shoe might come from! Sometimes literally in my case! Remind to tell you about THAT dream sometime.

All this moving and changing and shifting has finally come to fruition though. In closet form no less! In an effort to downsize and streamline I've been changing out my old, mismatched, plastic hangers for the Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers. I laughed at them when I would see her on HSN. Yeah RIGHT! Yeah right indeed! That lady ain't joking! I still need 60 more hangers to finish the job but the difference is already substantial. (The weeding out of old, ill fitting clothes doesn't hurt either ;). )

Today's message is brought to by the letters L, H, and the number 60.

Let go
Huggable Hangers
Only 60 more til glory

1 comment:

  1. Getting rid of stuff feels so good - just to clear things out! I just bought a pack of huggable hangers today - I think I need another few to see the difference they're making but they sure look nice!

    ReplyDelete