7.13.2010

Busy Bookworm Challenge Update


I figured it might be time for an update on the
Busy Bookworm Challenge that I decided to participate in. Before we get to that I'd like to mention a few things I've learned since starting:

-I'm not good at writing reviews. I can talk about a book til the cows come home! Writing those thoughts out sometimes proves harder than I imagined. I think this is in part due to the fact that I am not an annotator. I've never seen the point in taking notes while reading a book. When I'm reading, I want to read. I'm starting to see the merit in jotting downs thoughts or feelings as you read though. When I go to write a review, I often wish I could remember more concrete examples of what I'm trying to express.

-I'M NOT GOOD A WRITING REVIEWS. :) Seriously though! I typically write the review as if the person reading it has already read the book/seen the movie. I never know how much to give away of the plot. I don't really want to re-write the entire plot out for someone. I only hope that my descriptions will be enough for somebody else!

Without further ado, my updated list!

As you may have noticed from my original post, the list stopped at 13. Which means of the 4 books that have been crossed off only one is from the original list! Eek! Well at least I'm reading right? Besides, some of these books haven't been released yet or have just come out so nanny nanny! :)

1. Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
2. The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter
3. The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter
4. Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh
5. Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh
6. Demon Forged by Meljean Brook
7. Demon Blood by Meljean Brook
8. Go Ask Alice
9. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
10. Demon From the Dark by Kresley Cole
11. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley
12. Glass by Ellen Hopkins
13. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
14.The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
15. My Life In France by Julia Child
16. One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare




4 comments:

  1. I need to get back on track with reading too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reviews get a lot easier to write as you write more, and if you read more! I used to just skim them for relevant content but now I actually take the time to read what people say and it kind of helps me phrase my thoughts on books & not spoil too much when I'm ready to sit down and write. :) These days, my reviews are super short/to the point, but I find that's my "review style." Everyone has a review style.. Just a matter of finding out what that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no good at writing reviews either - I guess that's why I make them super-short, and why I write more about book lists.

    ReplyDelete