5.29.2010

Busy Bookworm Challenge

In the spirit of getting myself out of my reading slump, I've decided to join the Busy Bookworm Challenge. I knew that Becky had started this challenge last year and when it started over for 2010 she was on board. I've decided to make it a little bit easy on myself and most of the books on my list are ones I was already planning on ready anyway but sssshhh, I won't tell if you won't! I think my favorite genre of books will be obvious by my choices but I'll try to throw in a few 'classics' to change it up.

1. Lover Mine by J.R. Ward - currently reading Lover Avenged and find these books to be like candy.
2. The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter - Book 5 in the Lords of the Underworld series. Have really enjoyed the first 4 and am excited to see where Showalter will take us next!
3. The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter - see above...this is book 6
4. Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh - LOVE her Psy-Changeling series.
5. Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh - see #4
6. Demon Forged by Meljean Brook - part of her Guardians series. A great series if you like paranormal romance but are a little sick of vampires and shifters.
7. Demon Blood by Meljean Brook - see #6
8. Go Ask Alice - Becky recommended this YEARS ago and I find myself drawn to teen fiction, or in this case non-fiction, a lot lately.
9. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak - this one is a little bit of a cheat. I'm actually a little more then half-way through due to starting it for a book club I wasn't able to attend. I need to just finish this sucker!
10. Demon From the Dark by Kresley Cole - her latest in the Immortals After Dark series which I LOVE. She is still one of the few auto-buy authors I have.
11. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley - I've only read one other book by Ashley which was the the first in this series. I highly recommend The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie if you are a fan of historical romance but want one that's a little bit different. The hero has Asperger's Syndrome at a time when it didn't really exist.
12. Glass by Ellen Hopkins
13. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
14.The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
15. My Life In France by Julia Child
16. One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare

If it's not blatantly obvious at this point, I am a fan of the romance. Love it. Been reading it since I snuck my Grammy's Sandra Brown novel and stayed up til 3 a.m. reading it when I was 13. That's a story for another time though!

As I finish these I'll cross through them and add any others I might finish along the way. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear your reviews - especially about Go Ask Alice!

    ReplyDelete